“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” – Romans 12:2
Unplugged is an organization dedicated to building up youth into becoming productive parts of the community by encouraging use of creative arts and biblical principles. We do so by: feeding the hungry, helping those in need, serving the poor, building relationships with at-risk youth, and providing an inviting atmosphere for unity and fellowship. Our programs at the local schools have created a momentum among the youth within the educational systems that has never been seen before in any other religious organization. Collaborations have been made with school staff and with other local dignitaries to reach the common goal of making a positive change toward the preservation of moral character, especially in the Hispanic community. Learn more about our leadership.
• At SUNY Sullivan, we have provided free meals to 100-300 students 2-3 times a semester with live music and creative poetry events.
• We have gone to elderly homes, made arts & crafts and performed live music.
• We partnered with the American Federation for the Homeless in teaching young adults about stewardship.
• On a weekly basis, we have been passing out free water bottles and our own published material with encouraging words to passersby on Broadway, Monticello.
• We help other organizations with the use of graphic arts to define their brands.
• We designed and developed a website that includes music, blogs, outlined teachings and other resources.
• We created a constitution for the student government at SUNY Sullivan that has been used as an example for newer organizations, which received an award.
• We offer live performances at events (mostly musical) to other organizations free of cost.
• We have partnered with other religious organizations to provide free meals to the community.
• Parents of high schoolers that attend our after school program have often thanked us for conveying values like respect and honor.
• We have created an unique brand with logos, t-shirts, contact cards, banners, website, social media campaigns and sample blogs.